The desire for thinness does not take women or men to their final destination. Many people say they simply have no motivation to lose weight and this is how their loved ones accept them. Others simply do not know where to draw this motivation and how to force themselves to lose weight on a psychological level. In this article, we analyze the main motivational options that help maintain normal weight.
Motivational techniques in the initial stage
It is most difficult for an overweight person to start losing weight. The motivation to lose weight is always lacking if one does not want to. You shouldn’t look elsewhere for a weight loss stimulus, you need to understand yourself first and understand what it’s for.
The simple desire to "lose weight in the summer" ends with most diets failing. The diet lasts for several weeks, followed by serious and prolonged bites that only make the situation worse. development of the necessary willpower lies in a deeper sense.
There are several ways to motivate you to lose weight, which are worth exploring in more detail:
- I will be able to wear beautiful clothes and attract the eyes of others;
- There will be no more health problems;
- I will be able to have a healthy child;
- I won’t be shy on the beach;
- i will be younger;
- It’s easy to get rid of the problem of overeating;
- My relatives and loved ones will not be ashamed of me.
The promotion of weight loss must be specific, clearly articulated and understood. Only with a personal desire for self-pride and the envy of enemies can you achieve the desired results and remove the stigma of a fat man.
Effective motivation to lose weight
Many overweight people lack the incentive to lose weight. Above all, it is important that we want drastic changes and only then gradually approach the plan. If a person is constantly dissatisfied with themselves, wants to lose weight, but does not have the willpower and encouragement, it is worth finding them. We analyze effective ways to motivate weight loss that help overweight people believe in themselves.
Many people do not know how to motivate themselves to lose weight, what to do to not lose weight again in 1-2 weeks. In the beginning, it is important to plan everything correctly, because it is not enough to encourage weight loss in the form of the words "I want", it is worth taking a more global approach to the process.
Creating weight loss plans is the first step you need to pay attention to. To do this, it is desirable to create a clear action plan for yourself, which includes:
- Changing eating habits;
- The optimal activity and training program;
- View motivational programs or photographs;
- Presentation of the final result.
Planning is done logically, with a proper assessment of skills and strengths. It is best to lose 3-8 kg with a change of diet, calorie reduction and 2-3 workouts per week. The first month will be the hardest, but once the weight loss notices minimal results and a change in shape, the motivation comes automatically, prompting you to fight more intensely for your beauty and harmony.
It is also important to motivate yourself to lose weight through self-belief. If a losing person can’t love themselves, doesn’t trust their strengths and abilities, it will be extremely difficult to lose weight. It’s important to tell yourself every day, every morning, when you wake up, that the extra pounds will go away quickly if you exercise regularly, eat right, and forget about sweets. The most important thing is to believe in yourself to inspire yourself with a good result that you will surely achieve over time.
To understand what changes are taking place in the body for a week or a month, they need to be monitored. For this, there is a so-called result log, which includes a record of volume and weight.
The diary is kept from the first day, recording the initial indicators of volume and body weight. Then measure again every Sunday at the end of the working week and take a volume measurement, writing the results in a separate column. Nothing motivates a person like seeing personal results and positive changes in shape. Keeping a diary is especially visible to dieters who weigh more than 20-30 kg. In this case, the result is judged only on the basis of the reduction in volume during the measurement and the weight loss during the measurement of the weight. At first, the visual vision in the mirror cannot speak of any change that suppresses the spirit of weight loss.
With these motivational methods, you can achieve good results much faster, and you can visually monitor your changes, taking on new forms every week. This is the biggest motivation and incentive to lose weight.
Motivation for fast weight loss
The beautiful body is not only an object of admiration, but also human health. If losing weight is extremely difficult, a person stops halfway and eats several pounds of sweet and fat problems and worries, you need to be familiar with the main motivational options that lead to rapid weight loss.
- Strengthening health. Health is the most important thing for everyone, so it is the number one motivator for fast weight loss. A person with heart or respiratory problems is at risk of developing serious illnesses that require long-term treatment. Faced with such a situation, many are ready for any diet and physical activity to lose unnecessary pounds and create all the necessary processes in the body.
- Increasing self-esteem. Some overweight people have extremely low self-esteem, which does not allow them to feel confident in society and defend their rights. If there are a lot of beautiful and slender girls in the area, you want to look exactly the same, have beautiful and slender legs, toned buttocks that will only increase your self-esteem and not call into question any action.
- Blog about weight loss. If you don’t have the motivation and can’t force yourself to get good results, you can start blogging, starting with the smallest thing - from home activities. There will surely be many like-minded people cheering and then - motivated by the outcome. The block has a certain duty and responsibility to those who watch and watch, so no one here gives up halfway.
- reward and punishment system. Diet and sports - this does not mean life and strict order. Be sure to spend a day off from everything so you can enjoy delicious cookies, a small slice of cake, or just watch TV while relaxing in the hallway. But there is one main rule: such pampering should be done no more than every 2-3 weeks, otherwise there will simply be no shifts in the weight loss process.
These tips will allow you to quickly shed excess pounds, approaching the weight loss process responsibly. It is very important that you set yourself a goal, motivate you for a good result, look at photos that encourage you to lose weight, and achieve results successfully.
Hard motivation to lose weight
In the past, many overweight people had slender and beautiful shapes that turned into large chunks of fat over time. If there is no motivation and no images of beautiful sports girls or guys are motivated, the process needs to be approached from the hard side. This motivation includes:
- You need to get your old clothes a few numbers smaller than the current one and try to put on yourself. After discovering that the jeans or skirt are not worn higher than the knee, one feels complete disgust for oneself and urges him to correct this situation as soon as possible. Such hard motivation is only suitable for strong personalities who have started their appearance under certain circumstances. People with poor psychology should not use this method because it can break them even more, delaying the weight loss process for a longer period of time.
- Because of the hard motivation to lose weight, you can still fall in love. If a person has "butterflies", he is inspired by his loved one, he is ready to experiment with his body and inner state. Love is a strong motivation that allows him to treat his body more carefully and strictly and try to achieve good results in weight loss by any means.
In practice, it has been proven that such hard methods are more effective and efficient in losing weight because they do not have time to think, they are forced to act here and now.
Motivational tips from psychologists
How to find motivation to lose weight? Psychologists say that all motivation lies in the subconscious, and if you are not excited, it will be extremely difficult to achieve the desired effect. There are basic psychological tips to help you see your motivation and help you start effective weight loss until you get the results you want. The rules of motivation are as follows:
- You need to set reasonable goals. If you have 5-10 or more extra pounds, it will be extremely difficult to get rid of them in a week or a month, and in some cases completely impossible. You don’t have to set yourself such a goal, but without achieving it, you will get psychological trauma and face congestion again. It’s important to set realistic goals for yourself and understand that your body is a complex mechanism, and if you allow 3-4 kg to lose weight in the first week, you may not lose weight at all next week, andthis is a normal process.
- Make your workout enjoyable. Even if they play sports at home, you should try to make them beautiful and stylish. To do this, it is important to buy a beautiful and comfortable uniform for the classes that you will like. Under no circumstances should you exercise in your home clothes, even worse, in your pajamas! This is doomed to failure immediately. If you have a beautiful and comfortable suit, pick it up as soon as possible and start training, watching your reflection. It just increases your desire to train.
- Celebrate your weight loss victories! No, we’re not talking about the fact that after the pounds you drop, you can safely buy a cake and consume it. The situation is quite different. With the loss of extra pounds, one is reduced in quantity and needs a new wardrobe. After each global weight loss result, you need to buy yourself beautiful clothes that will motivate you even more for your next purchases. You can celebrate your gains in weight loss in any way, such as going to a long-awaited massage, manicure, solarium, etc.
- You don’t have to demand yourself unnecessarily, scolding for every extra pound. You need to have a positive psychological attitude to your workout that allows you to participate more actively and favorably and only get pleasure from it.
Psychologists say that diet, exercise, and other means of losing weight are a very serious step for an overweight person, so it’s important to prepare for it mentally in advance. Only such an attitude allows you not to break out of your workout, not to allow yourself to eat a plate of Olivier or another mayonnaise salad for the holiday. First, you need to understand yourself and be well prepared. Physically, the body is always ready for stress and weight loss, but 90% depends on the psychology of the overweight person.
Motivation to lose weight in pictures
Many diets today are motivated by the beautiful images of slender girls who have a toned shape, clean skin and a healthy look. If you don’t have enough motivation, you need to find a beautiful, slim-bodied audience on the social site, or look at a certain person who has also had problems with being overweight in the past. The results of others motivate you more and make you pay more attention to your appearance.